New owner Krystal Goins shares how painting, plumbing, and power-washing contribute to vision
LANSING, Ill. (July 28, 2023) – Ever since Krystal Goins shared a rendering of what the old Golden Palace building could become, Lansing has been eager to see indications of transformation.
Inside the old red building, progress has been slow but steady. Goins was willing to spend a few minutes talking with The Lansing Journal during a recent outside workday:
The journey so far
- 2018: Krystal Goins began discussions with the Village and Economic Development Consultant Jack Hynes to open a restaurant at the property formerly known as Golden Palace (3307 Ridge Road).
- November 2021: Goins attended a Village Board Committee of the Whole meeting to share her interest in purchasing and rehabbing the building in order to bring a “downtown Chicago feel” to Lansing through a restaurant that serves ramen and other Asian-inspired food. (See the minutes from the November 16, 2021, Committee of the Whole meeting.)
- July 2022: Goins presented her vision and renderings to the Lansing Village Board. (See “Wigs in the Landings, asphalt shortages, budget approval, and more,” published July 21, 2022.)
- March 2023: The Lansing Journal included Goins’ story in the March 2023 print edition. (See “Ramen restaurant Hotaru to replace Golden Palace,” published March 5, 2023.)
Credit for the photo of Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Chicago — used in the above video — goes to: Barbara Rozgonyi via thesociallens.com c2010.
- Denise Bator, who was seen power washing in the video, is owner of Denise’s Delightful Designs. Her business card lists Interior/Exterior Painting, Faux Finishes, and Murals. She can be reached at 815-403-7163.
- Video: What’s going on with One Trick Pony, Golden Palace, Jack’s, KYNGZ, and other projects (November 2022)
- Business owners undaunted by vandalism, graffiti (July 2023)