We want local news to be accessible for everyone
That’s why we don’t put our articles behind a paywall, and we don’t charge a subscription price. You can sign up for free below and start receiving local information in your email inbox each morning.
But we do depend on reader support
In order to keep the news free, we need help. We ask readers to pay what they can, if they can. Those contributions help cover the costs of reporting, publishing, and delivering local news every day.
Choose an amount below — and consider making it a monthly gift. (Monthly gifts are a huge help to us!)
We deliver an incredible value. Every day.
Last year, The Lansing Journal reported, published, and delivered 1,431 local news stories at an average cost of $54.69 per story. That’s an incredible value — and it’s possible only with reader support.
Examples of the stories your support makes possible
Click the images and links to read the full stories —
- After years of upgrades to Lansing parks, The Lansing Journal provided a video tour highlighting nine of them.
- Recycling seems simple, but the guidelines can vary from town to town, so The Lansing Journal published a helpful recycling video specifically for Lansing residents.
- When local business Besse Shirt Lettering announced they were moving to Indiana, The Lansing Journal informed our community.
- When neighbors protested Paragon Trucking’s zoning violations, The Lansing Journal asked questions, got answers, and provided information.
- Dolton Mayor Tiffany Henyard was appointed as Thornton Township Supervisor minutes before midnight — and The Lansing Journal was there to cover the drama of local government.
- Coming out of COVID, local families needed updated information about Lansing Little League and other local sports, so The Lansing Journal provided it.
We post local obituaries, local COVID numbers, Local Voices, Local History, local information about our schools and alums, and more.
How much is that kind of news worth to you? Go ahead and subscribe today:
If you are a Lansing Journal reader who loves receiving an actual printed newspaper, we need your help.
We have begun working on a print edition that will be delivered to every home in Lansing in March.
Being in print is expensive. Ink, paper, press time, postage — those are additional expenses we take on in order to reach our community with important information.
Will you make a special gift to help us cover those extra expenses?
In fact, we would especially love it if you would keep that “Monthly” box checked. (See it there, below?) This print edition is a special expense, but our coverage of this community is ongoing — we deliver local news every single day. Monthly gifts make that possible.
Please, do what you can. And thank you!
We believe news can bring people together
In fact, that’s our mission: The Lansing Journal provides balanced, trustworthy, local news in a way that builds community in Lansing, Illinois, and the surrounding region.