Apply online beginning September 10, 2018
information provided by the United State Postal Service
BEDFORD PARK, Ill. (September 3, 2018) – With the holidays just around the corner, the USPS Central Illinois District is now hiring. Interested applicants must apply online www.usps.com/careers and search by state to apply for available positions. Paper applications will not be accepted.
Applications will be accepted at various times during September 10–September 24, 2018:
- Holiday Clerk Assistant ($17.19/hr)—apply September 10–14, 2018
- Postal Support Employee Mail Processing Clerk ($17.19/hr)—apply September 10–14, 2018
- Holiday Carrier Assistant ($16.78/hr)—apply September 10–24, 2018
- Holiday Transportation Assistant/Motor Vehicle Operator ($18.24/hr)—apply September 10–14, 2018
- Holiday Transportation Assistant/Tractor Trailer Operator ($18.62/hr)—apply September 10–14, 2018
- Casual Mail Handler ($16.00/hr)—apply September 17–21, 2018
These positions are temporary, requiring availability throughout the period of November 10, 2018–January 4, 2019.
- Age requirement: applicants must be 18 years at the time of employment or 16 years with a High school diploma
- Citizenship requirement: an applicant must be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status
- Driving eligibility (if applicable to the position): applicants must have a safe driving record
- Background checks and drug screens will be conducted