TF Center for Academics and Technology at 6 p.m.
The October 24 District 215 School Board meeting will take place at 6 p.m. at the Thornton Fractional Center for Academics and Technology. The full board packet and materials for the meeting, including all exhibits and other relevant materials, can be viewed at here.
- Call to Order/Roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Public Comments
- Freedom of Information Report
- Monthly Suspension Reports
- Future Meetings–November 8, 2023 Committee of the Whole; November 28, 2023 Regular meeting
- Building Reports
- Superintendent’s Report/Program Spotlight–CTE
- Closed Session to discuss appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employee(s), specific independent contractors, specific volunteers, or District legal counsel; student discipline.
- Approve Minutes from the August 22, 2023 Drivers Education Fee Hearing; September 26, 2023 Open and Closed Sessions and Budget Hearing; October 11, 2023 Committee of the Whole meeting; October 18, 2023 Special meeting Open and Closed Sessions; and October 20, 2023 Special meeting Open and Closed Sessions.
- Approve Personnel Report
- Approve/Accept the following Financial Items
- Accept September 2023 FTD Monthly Financial Statements
- Approve September/October Payables, $2,869,158.32
- Approve September/October Activities Bills, $26,487.99
- Approve September Payroll, $3,217,222.97
- Approve Letter of Agreement with Local 683
- Approve Vendor Contract for Jake Ganzer for TFS Fall Musical Choreography in the amount of $1,200
- Approve School Maintenance Grant Application
- Approve Revised Contract with Inclusion for a Better Future, Inc. (Savanna Flakes)
- Accept $1,000 Donation from Ankin Law Offices, LLC for WGN Teacher of the Month Chris Jones
- Accept Donation of $2,500 from Leadership Surge, LLC for Center Parent Engagement Activities
- Approve destruction of closed session recordings for April 26, 2022 in accordance with Policy 2:220Action
- Approve Calumet City School Resource Officer Intergovernmental Agreement
- Approve Lansing School Resource Officer Intergovernmental Agreement
- Approve increase in Police Sports and Activities Pay
- Approve Purchase of Grant Funded Technology
- Approve updated contract with Be Well for Student Substance Abuse Counseling Services
- Approve Appointment to Fill Vacant Board of Education Position/Oath of Office
- Approve Student #2023-24A Alternative Placement
District 215 regular meeting schedule
The D215 Committee of the Whole meets on the second Wednesday of the month at 6 p.m. and Regular Board meetings are generally held on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. Meetings are held at the TF Center for Academics & Technology, located at 1605 Wentworth Avenue, Calumet City, Illinois.
Open Meetings Act
The Open Meetings Act requires that “An agenda for each regular meeting shall be posted at the principal office of the public body and at the location where the meeting is to be held at least 48 hours in advance of the holding of the meeting.”