By Josh Bootsma
LANSING, Ill. (September 25, 2023) – An annual Lansing tradition, Autumn Fest will return again this year to Fox Pointe on Friday, September 29, and Saturday, September 30.
Organized and funded by LACE (Lansing Association for Community Events), the festival will this weekend continue its annual traditions of food vendors, live bands, a local marketplace, a kids zone, a military tribute, and more.
The free two-day event will run from 4 – 10:30 p.m. on Friday, and 10 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, with a Copper Muggers pancake breakfast taking place at the American Legion on Saturday starting at 8 a.m.
Market in the Park
New this year, the perennial marketplace at Autumn Fest will this year be located near the main gate or pavilion of Fox Pointe. The eight vendors will be open throughout the entirety of the fest and are listed below:
- Poppies Candles
- AVG Custom Tumblers
- Jackie’s Bling
- Ann’s Bath & Beauty Boutique
- Jump Start Novelties
- Eli & Ali Boutique
- Ted’s Feed Store
- Vintage Décor & More
Below is the entertainment schedule on Friday and Saturday during Autumn Fest:
- 11:30 a.m. — “Hometown Heroes” – Military and First Responder Tribute with music by Rosie & Frank (of Rosie & the Rivets)
- 1 p.m. — Donnie & Nick, Featuring Eileen
- 2:45 p.m. — 40+ Double Dutch Club
- 3:30 p.m. — 2 Trailers Down
- 5:30 p.m. — Cloud9 Band
- 8 p.m. — Cadillac Groove
Guests are encouraged to bring their blankets and chairs to enjoy the live entertainment.
The following food vendors will be available throughout Autumn Fest:
- Ace Catering — Chicken kabobs, Dragobobs, pop and water
- Boz Hot Dogs — Hot dog meal, Polish and beef sandwiches
- I-94 Ribs — Ribs, chicken, and fish
- Izzy’s Concessions — Paninis, Italian ice, Italian cream soda, espresso, lattes, and hot cocoa
- La Cebollita Grill — Quesabirria, tacos, burritos, corn in a Cup
- Mama Vee & Manny’s Chilly Treats — Pre-packaged ice cream bars and popsicles
- Polly Ann Cakes — Homemade poundcakes, Ooey-gooey Cakes, water, tea, coffee
- The Twist Pretzel — Hand rolled pretzels
- Thompson Concessions — Fried veggies, chicken strips, corn dogs, and cheese sticks
- Von Vittles — Eggrolls, wraps, and salads
- Withers Concessions — Elephant Ears, water, soda, and fresh-squeezed lemonade
Offerings for kids throughout Autumn Fest include a bounce house, giant Jenga, pumpkin painting, carnival games, giant Connect 4, and backpack decorating.
The following acts will take place on the KidsZone stage:
- 11:30 a.m. — TF South Drama Kids
- 1 p.m. — Incredible Bats
- 3 p.m. — TF South Cheer Team
- 4:30 — Dance party
Pancake Breakfast and First Responder Tribute
The Copper Muggers Pancake Breakfast runs from 8 – 11 a.m. on Saturday at the American Legion, 18255 Grant Street. The all-you-can-eat breakfast is $6 at the door. Following the breakfast, a tribute service for first responders will take place at 11:30 on the Fox Pointe stage.