Friday, September 15, 2023 THORNTON, Ill. (August 18, 2023) – Seating is limited for the Starved Rock tour organized by the Thornton Historical Society, and interested participants are encouraged to reserve their tickets soon.
The $100 ticket price includes lunch, a trolley tour, and an Illinois River cruise. The excursion has been organized according to the following schedule:
- 8:45 a.m. – Meet in the Thornton public parking lot on the corner of Harriet and Blackstone Streets (in back of Thornton Distilling) to board the coach bus
- 9:00 a.m. – Leave for Starved Rock
- 10:45 a.m. – Arrive at the Starved Rock Lodge
- 11:00 a.m. – Enjoy lunch in the Main Dining Room
- 12:00 p.m. – Board the trolley for a narrated tour describing Starved Rock’s history and legends of the area. The trolley will take passengers to the Eagle I boat to see the east end of Starved Rock State Park by water.
- 3:00 p.m. – Return to the Lodge
- 5:00 p.m. – Approximate return to Thornton
Restrooms are available throughout the tour, and minimal walking is involved. The coach bus also includes a restroom. Both the trolley and boat are wheelchair accessible.
The $100 cost is all-inclusive — round-trip bus, gratuity, lunch, trolley tour, and boat tour. Tickets can be reserved by contacting Debbie at [email protected].