District 171 Board regular meeting – August 8, 6:30 p.m.
LANSING, Ill. (August 6, 2022) – The August 8 meeting of the District 171 School Board begins at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will occur at Nathan Hale School, 19055 Burnham Avenue in Lansing.
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- The mission of Sunnybrook School District 171 is to maximize student achievement by cultivating critical thinking skills, innovative instructional practices and a collaborative school, home, and community partnership.
- Roll Call
- Any person wishing to address the Board about an item that is on the agenda should do so when that item is up for discussion. Visitors’ statements will be limited to two minutes per person. A total of thirty minutes will be allocated for Visitors’ Statements at the end of the meeting. Items related to personnel issues will be redirected to the appropriate Administrator.
- Consent Agenda
- Approval of the July 18, 2022 board meeting minutes, closed session minutes, August expenses and July payroll in the amount of $1,202,427.97, as presented.
- Recommended Motions
- “to approve the minutes of the Regular Board of Education meeting of December 20, 2021, approval of Township Treasurer’s Report, approval of January bills and December payroll in the amount of $1,828,697.18, as presented.”
- FOIA Request: Smart Procure
- Requesting any and all purchasing records from 4/29/22 to current.
- Board Reports
- Informational Items
- Tentative Budget – Presented by Mr. David Shrader, Chief School Business Official
- Administrator Reports
- Recommended Motions – Resignations
- Resignation of Mr. Mark Seymour, full-time Physical Education teacher, Heritage Middle School.
- Resignation of Ms. Elizabeth McCrorey, 6th grade Science teacher, Heritage Middle School.
- Resignation of Ms. Asia Campbell, Speech Language Pathologist, Nathan Hale School.
- Resignation of Ms. Tracey Ramirez, Paraprofessional at Nathan Hale School.
- Recommended Motions – FMLA (Family Medical Leave)
- FMLA Request for Anthony Derusha, Network Specialist, effective August 25, 2022 until September 1, 2022, as presented.
- FMLA request for Mrs. Lindsay Smith, 1st grade teacher, Nathan Hale School, effective August 15, 2022, as presented.
- Recommended Motions – Employment
- Approval of employment for Mrs. Amy Wilocki, Speech and Language Pathologist, Nathan Hale School, effective August 15, 2022, salary of $51,364.00, Step 6 of lane MA + 9, as presented.
- Approval of employment for Ms. Julija Lapp, 5th grade Science teacher, Heritage Middle School, effective August 15, 2022, salary of $47,871.00, Step 5 of Lane BA, as presented.
- Recommended Motions
- Approve the purchase of mooZoom: A Social Emotional Learning Curriculum in the amount of $13,500.00, paid out of Title IV funds.
- Approval of the purchase of a riding Tomcat Pro floor scrubber in the amount of $10,899.00, as presented.
- Approval of the purchase of 2nd grade student chairs and desks in the amount of $47,703.50, as presented.
- Visitors’ Statements
- Visitors’ statements will be restricted to two minutes per person. A total of thirty minutes will be allocated for visitor comments. Statements related to personnel and/or confidential matters will be directed to an appropriate Administrator.
- Closed Session
- To move in to closed session for the purpose of the appointment, compensation, discipline, performance for dismissal of specific employees of the district. 5ILCS 120/2 (c)(1). Superintendent/Board Relations.
- Return to open session.
Schedule and Open Meetings Act
The Open Meetings Act requires that “An agenda for each regular meeting shall be posted at the principal office of the public body and at the location where the meeting is to be held at least 48 hours in advance of the holding of the meeting.” District 171 posts agendas and minutes on its website.
Lansing Journal subscribers receive an email each morning with links to Lansing headlines, so they stay informed about items being discussed at public meetings, as well as news that happens between meetings.