Thursday, August 29, 7:30am–12:00pm
information provided by South Suburban College
SOUTH HOLLAND, Ill. (August 1, 2019) – The Business & Career Institute (BCI) of South Suburban College will host a half-day conference titled “Understanding Trauma in the Workplace” on Thursday, August 29, from 7:30am–12:00pm, with a catered breakfast. The conference will be held in the South Suburban College Performing Arts Center.
SSC cites a recent poll that found 53% of working Americans have experienced a traumatic event while on the job. The conference is designed to help businesses put a plan in place to thwart harrowing events and to provide employees with necessary resources to cope with the effects.
In this half-day conference, attendees will:
- Hear from industry experts about trends of violence and the impact on business
- Learn the proper protocol in active shooter situations
- Identify ways to reduce violent reactions during disciplinary procedures
- Ascertain practical but important stress management skills
Who should attend?
- Human resource professionals
- Mental health and social work professionals
- Business owners, managers, supervisors, and program/operations directors from any industry, including manufacturing, professional services, municipalities, schools, retail, medical, social services, and faith-based communities
CEU’s will be offered for LCPC, LCSW, and SHRM-CP/CPA. The cost of the conference with catered breakfast is $49 per person. To register, email [email protected] or call 708-225-6055.
South Suburban College is located at 15800 South State Street, South Holland, Illinois. Additional information can also be found at www.ssc.edu/event/bci-conference-understanding-trauma-in-the-workplace/.