information provided by South Suburban College
SOUTH HOLLAND, Ill. (May 17, 2018) – “We have so many wonderful, talented faculty members at SSC,” said President Don Manning. “It is only fitting that we begin recognizing them appropriately with a formal expression of our appreciation.” Under the leadership of President Manning and Vice President of Academic Services Lynnette Stokes, the Spring Tea Awards have now become an annual tradition.
2018 Faculty Appreciation Award recipients
- Outstanding Faculty Member of the Year: Beth Beno, Math
- Outstanding Adjunct Faculty Member of the Year: Marianna Troupe, Psychology in the Social and Behavioral Sciences Department
- The Dr. William E. McVey Teamwork Award: Millicent Collier and the Service Learning Committee
- Outstanding Adult Educator of the Year: Camille Johnson, Adult Education
- Sandra Bein, Communications & Humanities – 21 years
- Marcia Bult, Business & Accounting – 28 years
- Patrice Burton, Student Services – 35 years
- Susan Cline, Reading – 11 years
- Leslie Cooper, Bookstore – 34 years
- Caryl Damiani, Business & Accounting – 16 years
- Kathryn Eberhardt, Allied Health – 30 years
- Don Manning, President – 28 years
- Carol Weber, Art & Design – 23 years
In addition, SSC’s Dr. Jennifer Medlen was presented with the Village of South Holland’s Red Tulip Award. The award is given to a certified teacher in South Holland, Illinois, who has demonstrated outstanding service by going beyond daily duties to effectively change student lives.
About South Suburban College
South Suburban College is a fully accredited, comprehensive community college with locations in South Holland and Oak Forest. SSC offers over 50 career education and transfer programs awarding Associate Degrees, professional certifications, and transferable credits. SSC also has numerous community outreach programs, including Adult Basic Education (ABE), High School Equivalency (HSE), English as a Second Language (ESL), Continuing Education, and a Business & Career Institute. For more information, visit www.ssc.edu or call 708-210-5718.