CALUMET CITY, Ill. (August 22, 2023) – “Erik Perez is a positive influence in District 215,” Interim Superintendent John Robinzine began his report at the August 22 regular District 215 Board meeting. Robinzine was presenting an Excellence Counts award to Perez, and he went on to list a number of ways Perez — who teaches math at both TF North and TF South — has made a difference in the lives of District 215 families:
- He taught a first-ever summer English class for parents
- He led the TF North Dreamers Club, which awards grants to cover student DACA renewals and scholarships for graduating seniors
- He is a positive influence in the classroom at both TF South and TF North
- He has improved the culture of the track and cross country programs at TF North
“We are lucky to have him as part of our district, and he is well deserving of recognition,” Robinzine told the Board.
Perez had been nominated by Elissa Belli, a fellow math teacher at South. His family was present at the board meeting to see him receive the Excellence Counts award.
The Excellence Counts award is designed to recognize individuals who impact the lives of students in District 215. Staff, parents, students, and community members are invited to submit nominations.
The District 215 Committee of the Whole meets on the second Wednesday of the month at 6 p.m. Regular Board meetings are generally held on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. Meetings are held at the TF Center for Academics & Technology, located at 1605 Wentworth Avenue, Calumet City, Illinois.
- Two Lansing residents honored at District 215 School Board meeting (May 2019)
- Pastor Philip France continues legacy of uplifting communities (June 2023)