LANSING, Ill. (April 18, 2022) – The April 21 meeting of the Library Board begins at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 21, in the quiet study area of the Lansing Public Library.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Recognition of Visitors
- Motion to approve the minutes from the March 17, 2022, board meeting
- Motion to approve March 2022 and April 2022 expenditures for payroll, invoices, debit/credit card, and the Treasurer’s report
- Director and Department Heads’ Reports
- Open Items
- Zoom Meeting with representatives from Cook and Kocher Insurance
- Motion to Approve the insurance quote from Cook and Kocher for $33,161.00
- Motion to approve the 2022 Lansing Public Library’s Parental School Leave Policy
- Motion to approve the audit quote from O’Neill and Gaspard for year one $9,000.00, year two $7,200.00 and year three for $7,500.00.
- Motion to approve the quote from Heritage Technology Solutions for three new security cameras for $4,847.00 and for a new VOIP telephone system for $21,557.00 (increased price due to 4 more phones)
- Motion to set the price for the License plate sticker renewal service at $9.50 and a .50 credit card processing fee
- New Business
- Dan Eallonardo and HVAC project
- Motion to Approve the FY 2022-2023 Lansing Public Library’s Budget for $3,754,378.23
- Motion to approve the $1.50 per hour for personnel salary increase for FY 2022-2023 to start May 1, 2022
- Motion to approve a full-time Marketing Associate position, two 25-hour-per-week positions (Outreach Associate and Youth Services ) and an 18-hour-per-week Info Services position
- Letter of Interest
- Motion to rescind the library’s cashless policy
- First reading and tabling of the 2022 Lansing Public Library’s Teacher Card Policy
- First reading and tabling of the 2022 Lansing Public Library’s Safe Child Policy
- First reading and tabling of the 2022 Lansing Public Library’s Vulnerable Adult Policy
- First reading and tabling of the 2022 Lansing Public Library’s Financial Policy
- New Trustee Orientation handout
- ATLAS Trustee training day 5/21/2022
- Discussion of the Lansing Public Library’s Personnel Policy
- Motion to Adjourn
The next scheduled meeting of the Library Board of Trustees May 23, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.
Any person needing an accommodation for a disability at the meeting should contact Lisa Korajczyk, Director, Lansing Public Library, by telephone at (708) 474-2447 or in writing five days prior to the meeting date.
The Lansing Public Library is located at 2750 Indiana Avenue in Lansing.
Lansing Journal subscribers receive an email each morning with links to Lansing headlines, so they stay informed about items being discussed at public meetings, as well as news that happens between meetings.