data provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Indiana State Department of Health
LANSING, Ill. (June 16, 2020) – The Lansing Journal receives daily news releases from various sources regarding the impacts of COVID-19 on our community, state, and region. Statistics from those sources are compiled below.
- Cumulative cases since 3/16/20: 396 (yesterday: 394)
- Cumulative deaths since 3/16/20: 6 (yesterday: 6)
- Case rate: 1.4% (1,398 per 100,000 people)
- New cases today: 623 (yesterday: 473)
- New deaths today: 72 (yesterday: 19)
- Total cases: 133,639
- Total deaths: 6,398
- Recovery rate: 93%
At this time, 26 men incarcerated at East Moline Correctional Center are confirmed positive for COVID-19. They are appropriately isolated or quarantined and are being closely monitored by medical personnel. Three staff at the facility also tested positive for the virus, and one has recovered. All the confirmed cases have been traced to the same dorm-style living unit. The Illinois Department of Correction’s medical task force is utilizing point prevalence surveillance to help control any further spread of infection.
- New cases today: 440 (yesterday: 533)
- New deaths today: 14 (yesterday: 11)
- Total cases: 40,786
- Total deaths: 2,265