data provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Indiana State Department of Health
LANSING, Ill. (June 10, 2020) – The Lansing Journal receives daily news releases from various sources regarding the impacts of COVID-19 on our community, state, and region. Statistics from those sources are compiled below.
- Cumulative cases since 3/16/20: 388 (yesterday: 384)
- Cumulative deaths since 3/16/20: 6 (yesterday: 6)
- Case rate: 1.37% (1,370 per 100,000 people)
- New cases today: 625 (yesterday: 797)
- New deaths today: 78 (yesterday: 95)
- Total cases: 129,837
- Total deaths: 6,095
- Recovery rate: 92%
Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, IDPH is now reporting both confirmed and probable cases and deaths on its website. Reporting probable cases will help show the potential burden of COVID-19 illness and efficacy of population-based non-pharmaceutical interventions. See CDC definition of a probable case on its website. IDPH will update these data once a week.
- New cases today: 339 (yesterday: 430)
- New deaths today: 15 (yesterday: 23)
- Total cases: 38,337
- Total deaths: 2,173
So frustrating to know the state shut us down for almost four months with a .048% rate statewide. Out of 12.67 million people and 6,095 passed away, that is just irresponsible.
Comments are closed.