Current confirmed cases in Illinois: 98,030; current confirmed cases in Lansing: 291
information provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health and Indiana State Department of Health
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (May 19, 2020) – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 1,545 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 146 additional deaths:
- Coles County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 90s
- Cook County: 3 females 30s, 2 males 40s, 2 females 50s, 5 males 50s, 4 females 60s, 12 males 60s, 1 unknown 60s, 8 females 70s, 17 males 70s, 9 females 80s, 15 males 80s, 9 females 90s, 6 males 90s, 1 female 100+, 1 male 100+
- DeKalb County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 50s
- DuPage County: 1 male 50s, 1 male 60s, 2 females 70s, 1 male 70s, 4 females 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s, 1 male 90s, 1 female 100+
- Iroquois County: 1 male 60s
- Kane County: 1 male 70s, 2 females 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 100+
- Kankakee County: 2 males 60s, 1 female 70s
- Kendall County: 1 male 80s
- Lake County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s
- Madison County: 2 females 80s, 1 female 90s
- McDonough County: 1 male 80s
- McHenry County: 1 male 50s, 1 male 60s
- Rock Island County: 1 male 30s, 1 male 60s, 1 male 90
- St. Clair County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s
- Whiteside County: 1 female 100+
- Will County: 2 males 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 male 90s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 98,030 cases, including 4,379 deaths, in 100 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 18,443 specimens for a total of 621,684. The statewide 7-day rolling positivity rate, May 10-16, 2020 is 14%.
The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 481 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and private laboratories. That brings to 28,705 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
Intensive care unit and ventilator capacity remain steady. More than 41 percent of ICU beds and more than 80 percent of ventilators were available as of Sunday.
A total of 1,678 Hoosiers have been confirmed to have died of COVID-19, an increase of 57 over the previous day. Another 146 probable deaths have been reported based on clinical diagnoses in patients for whom no positive test is on record, following a correction to the previous day’s total. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
To date, 189,330 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 183,912 on Monday.
All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for a death previously reported has changed, therefore, today’s numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email [email protected].