Current confirmed cases in Illinois: 83,021; current confirmed cases in Lansing: 256
information provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health and Indiana State Department of Health
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (May 12, 2020) – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 4,014 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 144 additional deaths:
- Boone County: 1 male 70s
- Clinton County: 1 female 80s, 1 male 90s
- Cook County: 1 male 30s, 4 males 40s, 1 female 50s, 7 males 50s, 3 females 60s, 11 males 60s, 9 females 70s, 15 males 70s, 1 unknown 70s, 17 females 80s, 10 males 80s, 1 unknown 80s, 7 females 90s, 5 males 90s, 1 female 100+
- DuPage County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 male 90s
- Iroquois County: 1 female 80s
- Kane County: 1 male 40s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 80s
- Kankakee County: 1 female 90s
- Kendall County: 1 female 60s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 80s
- Lake County: 1 female 40s, 1 male 50s, 1 female 60s, 1 male 60s, 3 males 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s, 1 male 90s
- Macon County: 1 male 70s
- Madison County: 1 male 50s,
- McHenry County: 2 males 80s, 1 female 90s
- Ogle County: 1 male 80s
- Randolph County: 1 male 60s
- Rock Island County: 1 male 80s
- Sangamon County: 2 females 80s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 90s
- Whiteside County: 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
- Will County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s, 2 males 70s, 2 females 80s, 2 males 80s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 40s, 1 male 70s, 1 male 90s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 83,021 cases, including 3,601 deaths, in 98 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 29,266 specimens for a total of 471,691.
The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 566 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and private laboratories. That brings to 25,127 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
Intensive care unit and ventilator capacity remains steady. Nearly 45 percent of ICU beds and more than 81 percent of ventilators were available as of Tuesday.
A total of 1,444 Hoosiers have been confirmed to have died of COVID-19, an increase of 33 over the previous day. Another 134 probable deaths have been reported based on clinical diagnoses in patients for whom no positive test is on record. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
To date, 150,510 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 146,688 on Monday.
All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for a death previously reported has changed, therefore, today’s numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email [email protected].