information provided by the Illinois Department of Transportation
CHICAGO, Ill. (August 25, 2019) – On August 21, the Illinois Department of Transportation announced the debut of www.JaneByrneInterchange.org, a new, improved website for the Jane Byrne Interchange reconstruction.
“The Jane Byrne Interchange is one of the biggest, most complex projects in the country,” said Acting Illinois Transportation Secretary Omer Osman. “This website will help get the public the information they need in a way that’s convenient and easy to understand.”
The website underwent a top-to-bottom overhaul to improve navigation and enhance the visitor experience. Project information and updates are presented in a more intuitive, user-friendly manner. The site is also mobile-responsive, making project information easily accessible from a desktop, tablet, or smartphone.
Additionally, all the original documentation from the planning phase of the project is archived in a new Document Library section.
Among the other highlights:
- Latest timelines and updates on each of the project’s 35 components, including an interactive project map.
- Photo galleries offering a glimpse of the project’s progress as well as historic images.
- Information on Office of Business & Workforce Diversity resources.
- A livestream of the project site.
- Ability to submit questions and comments to the project team via a “Contact Us” link.
- Links to new dedicated accounts to receive latest information through social media.
The Jane Byrne Interchange reconstruction will improve safety and traffic flow for the more than 400,000 motorists who use it daily, while enhancing mobility for bicycles, pedestrians, and transit. Construction will be completed by 2022.