information provided by Mount Carmel High School
CHICAGO, Ill. (December 2018) – Fourteen seniors from Mount Carmel High School have been announced as Illinois State Scholars, including Lansing, Illinois, residents Nic Vitiritti and Anthony Zralka. Vitiritti and Zralka both attended St. Ann grammar school in Lansing.
The Ilinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC), the state agency committed to assisting Illinois families by making college accessible and affordable, bestows this annual recognition to top Illinois high school students.
Illinois State Scholars represent approximately the top ten percent of high school seniors, hailing from 671 different high schools across the state. Selection is based on SAT, ACT, or Prairie State Achievement Exam scores, and/or class rank.
The 14 Illinois State Scholars from Mount Carmel are listed below with the grammar schools they attended:
- Kieran Conjar (Christ the King)
- John Curtin (Independence Junior High)
- Thomas Dart (Keller Gifted Center)
- Kevan Fleming (St. John Fisher)
- Anthony Kubik (St. Cajetan)
- Owen Madrigal (St. Damien)
- Michael McKenna (St. Barnabas)
- Timothy Sullivan (Christ the King)
- Alexander Tracy (St. John Fisher)
- Nicolas Vitiritti (St. Ann)
- William Walsh (St. Cajetan)
- Jason Wendling (Mother Teresa Catholic Academy)
- Brett Wiseman (St. Damien)
- Anthony Zralka (St. Ann)
Mount Carmel High School is located at 6410 S. Dante Avenue in Chicago.