January 27–April 16, 2018
information provided by Bloom Township
CHICAGO HEIGHTS, Ill. (February 9, 2018) – Bloom Township is offering tax help at their headquarters in Chicago Heights. The service is free to individuals with incomes less than $30,000 and families with incomes less than $55,000.
What to bring
People seeking tax help should bring the following:
- All tax documents received, including W-2s and 1099s
- Social Security card or ITIN card/letter for everyone that appears on your return
- Valid photo ID
- Checking and savings account numbers and bank routing numbers
- Information pertaining to health insurance coverage (Form 1095-A, 1095-B, 1095-C, Medicare card) or Certificate of Exemption
- Copy of your property tax bill paid in 2017, if applicable
- Records of education related expenses
- Copy of your 2016 tax return
When to come
Between January 27 and April 16, tax help is available on Mondays and Wednesdays, 5:30–8:00pm, and Saturdays from 10:00am to 1:00pm, but not on February 19.
Bloom Township is located at 425 S Halsted in Chicago Heights. Call 708-754-9400 for more information about the tax help available.