Open to 2023 high school graduates in Bloom Township
LANSING, Ill. (April 24, 2023) – The deadline for Bloom Township’s first-ever $2,500 scholarship application is May 1, 2023.
Bloom Township Supervisor T.J. Somer and the Board of Trustees voted to approve the Bloom Township Scholarship Program, which will award four graduating seniors (two male and two female) $2,500 each.
Students must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Bloom Township resident
- Class of 2023 high school graduate
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Submit an application and include 250-500 word essay on past volunteer service, organizations of interest, and past challenges
- Plan to attend a technical school, 2-year, or 4-year college or university in Illinois
- Endorsed by high school guidance counselor
- Must attend one bi-monthly township meeting — or Bloom Township-sponsored event — by August 1, 2023
The applications will be reviewed, and recipients will be selected by the Bloom Township Scholarship Committee. The scholarship will be awarded during the graduating ceremony or senior awards night at the respective high school.
Applications are available online here or at Bloom Township’s temporary headquarters at 712 Halsted Street in Chicago Heights. Applications must be submitted in person at Bloom Township or postmarked by May 1, 2023.