District 158 Board regular meeting – February 15, 7 p.m.
LANSING, Ill. (February 13, 2023) – The February 15 meeting of the District 158 School Board begins at 7 p.m. The meeting will occur at the Administration Center, 18300 Greenbay Avenue in Lansing. The meeting may also be watched virtually. The most recent link provided is https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82661668466
- OPENING ITEMS
- Note: The Board of Education reserves the right to make changes as deemed necessary
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Public Participation
- Board Correspondence
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of Consent Agenda
- January 18, 2023 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
- January 18, 2023 Regular Board Meeting Closed Session Minutes
- February 7, 2023 Special Board Meeting Minutes
- February 7, 2023 Special Board Meeting Closed Session Minutes
- Employment of Yolanda Shields as Oak Glen School Paraprofessional effective January 25, 2023
- FMLA for Reavis School Paraprofessional Claudia Alvarez effective Feburary 10, 2023 through March 13, 2023
- Prelist of invoices to be paid
- SUPERINTENDENT’S AGENDA
- Freedom of Information Act
- Equity Audit
- NEW BUSINESS
- IASB South Cook Division Breakfast Report
- Closed session to consider information regarding the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1)) and discussion of minutes of meetings lawfully closed under the Open Meetings Act (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(14))
- Possible action(s) following closed session regarding minutes of meetings
- CLOSING ITEMS
- Miscellaneous items from Superintendent and School Board
Schedule and Open Meetings Act
District 158 meetings are usually scheduled for 7 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month.
The Open Meetings Act requires that “An agenda for each regular meeting shall be posted at the principal office of the public body and at the location where the meeting is to be held at least 48 hours in advance of the holding of the meeting.” District 158 posts agendas and board packets in a folder on its website.
Lansing Journal subscribers receive an email each morning with links to Lansing headlines, so they stay informed about items being discussed at public meetings, as well as news that happens between meetings.