District 171 Board meeting – 6:30 p.m.
LANSING, Ill. (January 20, 2022) – The January 23 meeting of the District 171 School Board begins at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will occur at Heritage Middle School, 19266 Burnham Avenue in Lansing.
Agenda – 6:30 p.m.
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- The mission of Sunnybrook School District 171 is to maximize student achievement by cultivating critical thinking skills, innovative instructional practices and a collaborative school, home, and community partnership.
- Roll Call
- Any person wishing to address the Board about an item that is on the agenda should do so when that item is up for discussion. Visitors’ statements will be limited to two minutes per person. A total of thirty minutes will be allocated for Visitors’ Statements at the end of the meeting. Items related to personnel issues will be redirected to the appropriate Administrator.
- Recommended Motion: Consent Agenda
- Board Reports
- Administrator Reports
- Superintendent, Dr. Erika Millhouse Pettis
- Assistant Superintendent/Director of Curriculum & Instruction, Dr. Lori Owens Stranc
- Chief School Business Official, Mr. David Shrader
- Director of Pupil Services, Ms. Juliann Greene
- Director of Technology, Dr. Mike McGowan
- Principal, Heritage Middle School, Mrs. Chantelle Cambric
- Principal, Nathan Hale School, Mr. Joseph Kent
- Recommended Motions – Employment
- Recommended Motion to approve the employment of Ms. Deondra Ratliff, Paraprofessional, salary of $17.00 per hour, effective date per successful background check results, as presented.
- Recommended Motion – To approve the employment of Mr. Craighton Watt, night custodian, compensation of $18.00 per hour, effective pending successful background check results, as presented.
- Recommended Motions
- To approve the intermittent FMLA (Family Medical Leave) for Ms. Josette Gonzalez, Kindergarten teacher, Nathan Hale School, as presented.
- Recommended Motions – Intermittent FMLA
- Recommended Motion – To approve the retirement of Mrs. Sue Brady, Reading Specialist, Heritage Middle School, effective at the end of the 2025 school year, as presented.
- Recommended Motions – FMLA
- To approve the FMLA (Family Medical Leave) for Mr. Chuck Daker, Custodian, Nathan Hale School, effective January 17, 2023 for a period of five weeks, as presented.
- Visitors’ Statements
- Visitors’ statements will be restricted to two minutes per person. A total of thirty minutes will be allocated for visitor comments. Statements related to personnel and/or confidential matters will be directed to an appropriate Administrator.
- Recommended Motion – To move in to closed session for the purposes of discussing the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the district and student discipline matters. 5ILCS 120/2 (c) (1). Superintendent/Board Relations.
- Return to Open Session
Schedule and Open Meetings Act
The Open Meetings Act requires that “An agenda for each regular meeting shall be posted at the principal office of the public body and at the location where the meeting is to be held at least 48 hours in advance of the holding of the meeting.” District 171 posts agendas and minutes on its website.
Lansing Journal subscribers receive an email each morning with links to Lansing headlines, so they stay informed about items being discussed at public meetings, as well as news that happens between meetings.