Thursday, January 19, 6:30 p.m.
LANSING, Ill. (January 17, 2023) – The January 19 meeting of the Lansing Public Library Board of Trustees begins at 6:30 p.m. in the quiet study area of the library.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Recognition of Visitors
- Motion to approve the minutes from the Regular Board Meeting on November 17, 2022
- Motion to approve December 2022 and January 2023 expenditures for payroll, invoices, debit/credit card, and the Treasurer’s report
- Director and Department Head Reports: IT & Tech Services Kelli Staley
- Old Business
- New Business
- Motion to approve the 2023 Youth Services Service Policy
- Motion to approve the 2023 Reference/Information Services Service Policy
- Motion to approve the disposal of 8 plastic chairs, 1 HP computer tower MXM80701MB, 2 ACT mini tills, 2 ACT card readers, Polaroid P3000E card printer, VAL Cal ID Pro flash camera, 3 Sharp XE-A107 Cash Registers, 5 Magtek credit card readers (card swipe devices),1 rolling coat rack, 1 wooden podium, and 1 wooden map holder, and 12 posters and old pictures, 1 Bogen TPU-15A Amplifier (old paging system), 1 SN 95L0000169, IPECS UCP100 (old phone system), 1 SN 804THSC105598, IPECS LGCM4 (old phone system),1 SN 709thff112363, Vodavi Voicemail model #DHD-04 (older voicemail pre 2019) d0y2k1204, 3 monitors: Microtek model c593, Acer model AL1511b, e-machines model 500G, 1 Kodak Carousel Slide projector, 1 Epson overhead projector, 1 Phillips DVD player, 1 Insignia DVD player, and 8 broken purple chairs
- Motion to approve the 2023 IRS mileage rate of 65.5 cents
- Motion to approve Youth Services Manager Beth Bozzo attend the Illinois Youth Services Institute Conference in Bloomington Illinois from 3/15/2023-3/17/2023 not to exceed $900.00
- Motion to approve the HR Source salary benchmarking project for $4,845.00
- Motion to remove 12/26/2023 and 1/02/2024 from the holiday closure list
- Motion to approve The Memorandum of Understanding for resource lending for Lansing Christian School
- Motion to approve or keep closed the Lansing Public Library’s Executive Session minutes
- Motion to approve the 12-month ban for the Youtube group QUIn3Y from the library
- Motion to approve the new Library Director’s job description
- Conversation about alcohol & Library programming
- PPRT discussion
- Motion to Adjourn
The next scheduled meeting of the Board of Trustees February 16, 2023, at 6:30 p.m.
Any person needing an accommodation for a disability at the meeting should contact Lisa Korajczyk, Director, Lansing Public Library by telephone at (708) 474-2447 or in writing five days prior to the meeting date.
The Lansing Public Library is located at 2750 Indiana Avenue in Lansing.
Lansing Journal subscribers receive an email each morning with links to Lansing headlines, so they stay informed about items being discussed at public meetings, as well as news that happens between meetings.