District 171 Board meeting – 6:30 p.m.
LANSING, Ill. (December 18, 2022) – The December 19 meeting of the District 171 School Board begins at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will occur at Heritage Middle School, 19266 Burnham Avenue in Lansing.
Agenda – 6:30 p.m.
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- The mission of Sunnybrook School District 171 is to maximize student achievement by cultivating critical thinking skills, innovative instructional practices and a collaborative school, home, and community partnership.
- Roll Call
- Any person wishing to address the Board about an item that is on the agenda should do so when that item is up for discussion. Visitors’ statements will be limited to two minutes per person. A total of thirty minutes will be allocated for Visitors’ Statements at the end of the meeting. Items related to personnel issues will be redirected to the appropriate Administrator.
- Recommended Motion: Consent Agenda
- Board Reports
- Administrator Reports
- Recommended Motions – Resignations
- Recommended Motion – To approve the resignation, of Ms. Tiffany Ward, Paraprofessional, Heritage Middle School, effective November 17, 2022, as presented.
- Recommended Motion – To not accept the resignation of Ms. Samantha O’Malley, first grade teacher, Nathan Hale School, effective December 22, 2022, as presented.
- Recommended Motions – Extended FMLA
- Recommended Motion – To approve the extended FMLA (Family Medical Leave) of Ms. Ashley Stalter, returning January 30, 2023, as presented.
- Recommended Motions – Retirement
- Recommended Motion – To approve the retirement of Mrs. Sue Brady, Reading Specialist, Heritage Middle School, effective at the end of the 2025 school year, as presented.
- Recommended Motion – To approve the retirement of Mrs. Kathleen Specht, ELL Specialist, Nathan Hale School, effective at the end of the 2025 school year, as presented.
- Recommended Motions
- Recommended Motion – To approve the Suburban School Cooperative Insurance Property and Liability 2023 premiums in the amounts of $58,016 (Property and Liability) and $16,525 (Cyber Insurance), as presented.
- Recommended Motion – To approve the emergency Heritage partition/wall repairs for classrooms 166 and 167 in the amount of $26,580.40, as presented.
- Recommended Motion – To approve the student accident insurance policies with Gerber Life Insurance Company in the amount of $5,538, as presented.
- Recommended Motion – To approve the Regular Meeting of the ECHO Executive Board of Directors of November 15, 2022, and the Independent Contractor Agreement with Sunbelt Staffing, as presented.
- Visitors’ Statements
- Visitors’ statements will be restricted to two minutes per person. A total of thirty minutes will be allocated for visitor comments. Statements related to personnel and/or confidential matters will be directed to an appropriate Administrator.
Schedule and Open Meetings Act
The Open Meetings Act requires that “An agenda for each regular meeting shall be posted at the principal office of the public body and at the location where the meeting is to be held at least 48 hours in advance of the holding of the meeting.” District 171 posts agendas and minutes on its website.
Lansing Journal subscribers receive an email each morning with links to Lansing headlines, so they stay informed about items being discussed at public meetings, as well as news that happens between meetings.