By Josh Bootsma
LANSING, Ill. (November 10, 2022) – The TF South Drama Club will perform The Little Mermaid on November 18 – 20.
With an expanded cast and more songs, The Little Mermaid otherwise follows the plot of original movie. The mermaid Ariel, who feels trapped by her protective father King Triton, sells her voice to the evil sea witch Ursula in order for a chance to meet Prince Eric, a human. Along the way, her friends Flounder, Sebastian, and Scuttle try to save her from her poor decision and help the Prince fall for her.
“The Little Mermaid is really story about finding your voice,” said director Ann Wolpert. “In a time when women’s voices are routinely silenced, the message is an important one for all of our audiences, but particularly for young people. I hope that they leave understanding how much power and influence they can have on the world around them if they use their voice.”
Performances, cast, tickets
The show will have four performances:
- Friday, November 18 – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, November 19 – 2 p.m.
- Saturday, November 19 – 7 p.m.
- Sunday, November 20 – 2 p.m.
TFS’ rendition of The Little Mermaid features the following student actors:
- Jimena Ortega as Ariel (Triniti Veal as understudy)
- Danny Barrett as Prince Eric
- Jack Raeck as Grimsby
- Sarah Batiste as Flounder
- Victoria Gonzalez as Scuttle
- David Smart as King Triton
- Ka Maia Mitchell as Sebastian
- Aalisha Hendrix and LJ Walker as Jetsam & Flotsam
- CC Szotek as Windward
- Sofia Petrovic as Leeward
- Zamyah Holmes as Ursula
- Dorian Ford as Chef Louis (Jemani Bonaparte as understudy)
- Yanetzi Also, Harmony Johnson, Morgan Waites, Zalena Bradshaw, Paiton Day, and Triniti Veal as Mersisters (Korinithian Battle and Lana Caridine as understudies)
- The show also includes an ensemble.
Tickets will be sold at the door and are $8 for adults, $7 for students and senior citizens, and $5 for kids ages 12 and under. Doors will open a half house before the performance.
TF South is located at 18500 Burnham Avenue in Lansing.