TF Center for Academics and Technology at 6 p.m.
LANSING, Ill. (October 23, 2022) – The October 25 District 215 School Board meeting will take place at 6 p.m. at the Thornton Fractional Center for Academics and Technology. The full board packet and materials for the meeting, including all exhibits and other relevant materials, can be viewed at go.boarddocs.com/il/tfd215/Board.nsf/Public.
The meeting will start after a student honoree reception at 5:30 p.m.
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Public Comment
- Freedom of Information Report – none
- Building Reports
- Superintendent’s Report
- Student recognition
- Closed Session
- Closed Session to discuss appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employee(s), specific independent contractors, specific volunteers, or District legal counsel; however, a meeting to consider an increase in compensation to a specific employee of a public body that is subject to the Local Government Wage Increase Transparency Act may not be closed and shall be open to the public and posted and held in accordance with [the Open Meetings Act]. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1), amended by P.A. 101-459.; and Student disciplinary cases. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(9)
- Reconvene Open Session
- Future Meetings: November 9, 2022 Committee of the Whole, 6 p.m., November 22, 2022 Board Meeting, 6 p.m.
- Approve minutes from the September 27, 2022 Open and Closed Session meeting; the September 27, 2022 Budget Public Hearing; the October 12, 2022 Committee of the Whole meeting
- Approve Personnel Report
- Accept September Financial Report
- Approve September Payroll, $3,261,390.46
- Approve September/October Payables, $2,770,410.14
- Approve September/October Activities Bills, $49,760.16
- Approve September/October 2022 Imprest, $14,726.38
- Accept quotes for five generators’ remote monitoring with Cummins Sales and Service
- Approve creation of Culinary Arts Activity Fund
- Approval of 5-year lease with Pitney Bowes for postage machine
- Approve Vanguard Energy Services natural gas contract
- Approve 2022-23 Crisis Plans
- Action items
- Approve Out of State travel for TF South band and color guard spring trip
- Consideration of Recommendation for Suspension of Professional Employee Without Pay Pending Consideration of Further Discipline
- Approve Student Discipline #1000064
- Approve Student Discipline #819616
- Approve Student #880009 Alternative Placement
District 215 Regular Schedule
The D215 Committee of the Whole meets on the second Wednesday of the month at 6 p.m. and Regular Monthly Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. Meetings are held at the TF Center for Academics & Technology, located at 1605 Wentworth Avenue, Calumet City, IL.
Open Meetings Act
The Open Meetings Act requires that “An agenda for each regular meeting shall be posted at the principal office of the public body and at the location where the meeting is to be held at least 48 hours in advance of the holding of the meeting.”