by Josh Bootsma
LANSING, Ill. (January 7, 2021) – Melanie and Josh “Zoom in” to this week’s video due to COVID-caution, sparking the topics of this week’s discussion: COVID testing and the virus’ effect on local life so far in 2022.
To learn more about South Suburban College’s testing site, visit ssc.edu.
The Walgreens website Melanie mentions is walgreens.com/findcare
The CDC has a full list of symptoms, as well as a self-check questionnaire at cdc.gov/coronavirus.
Recent articles about local school districts’ responses to COVID-19 are below:
- All of Lansing’s public school districts end the week with remote learning (January 7, 2022)
- District 205 plans for seven days of remote learning (January 6, 2022)
- District 215 transitions to remote learning through January 14 due to COVID cases (January 4, 2022)
Some recent health-related articles are linked below. To see all of our health and safety coverage, visit our category page.
- COVID antivirals arriving in coming weeks, says IDPH (January 7, 2022)
- IDPH adopts CDC recommendations for booster doses for ages 12-15 (January 6, 2022)
- IDPH adopts CDC recommendations for Pfizer booster at five months (January 5, 2022)
- Illinois ‘Vax Verify’ system now offers downloadable vaccination card (December 29, 2021)
Subscribe to make sure you don’t miss out on any important COVID-related news in our community.