District 158 Board regular meeting – November 17, 7 p.m.
LANSING, Ill. (November 15, 2021) – The November 17 meeting of the District 158 School Board begins at 7 p.m. The meeting will occur at the Administration Center, 18300 Greenbay Avenue in Lansing. Guests should enter the building through Door 1 and wear a face mask. The meeting may also be watched virtually at this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82661668466
- OPENING ITEMS
- Note: The Board of Education reserves the right to make changes as deemed necessary
- Pledge of Allegiance – Lester Crawl Students
- Roll Call
- Public Participation
- Board correspondence
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of Consent Agenda
- October 20, 2021 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
- October 20, 2021 Regular Board Meeting Special Closed Session Minutes
- October 20, 2021 Regular Board Meeting Closed Session Minutes
- Resignation of Lester Crawl Primary Center Paraprofessional Maya Rincon-Rosales effective November 23, 2021
- Employment of Memorial Junior High School Paraprofessional Ronald Caldwell effective November 15, 2021
- Employment of Memorial Junior High School Custodian David Camerena effective November 10, 2021
- Employment of Reavis School Paraprofessional Laurie Maldonado effective November 15, 2021
- Employment of Coolidge School Paraprofessional Yulia Fuentes effective November 22, 2021
- Prelist of invoices to be paid
- SUPERINTENDENT’S AGENDA
- Freedom of Information Act
- Chicago Avenue TIF District
- Reopening Plan Update
- NEW BUSINESS
- Approve Estimated 2021 Tax Levy
- Approve the 2021-2022 School Improvement Plans for Oak Glen Elementary School and W. C. Reavis Elementary School
- Closed session to consider information regarding the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1)); and student matters (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(9))
- Miscellaneous items from Superintendent and School Board
- CLOSING ITEMS
Schedule and Open Meetings Act
District 158 meetings are scheduled for 7 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month.
The Open Meetings Act requires that “An agenda for each regular meeting shall be posted at the principal office of the public body and at the location where the meeting is to be held at least 48 hours in advance of the holding of the meeting.” District 158 posts agendas and board packets in a folder on its website.
Lansing Journal subscribers receive an email each morning with links to Lansing headlines, so they stay informed about items being discussed at public meetings, as well as news that happens between meetings.