The information below has been edited to reflect changes and cancellations due to weather and other conditions.
By Josh Bootsma
LANSING, Ill. (October 25, 2021) – After some Halloween events were cancelled last year due to the pandemic, many local organizations are excited to get back to fun-loving spookery this year.
The list below includes Halloween events The Lansing Journal compiled through phone calls, emails, and Facebook searches. If your organization is hosting an event not included in this list, or if details about your event have changed, please comment on this article or email [email protected] with information.
Halloween events in Lansing
- Fox Pointe Scarecrow Display: 4–7 p.m. Fox Pointe will be open every day (weather permitting) through October 29 for scarecrow viewing and voting. More information in this article. Located at 18138 Henry Street.
Monday, October 25
- Trinity Lutheran Church’s monthly free meal will be distributed via drive-thru, and some distributors will be dressed in costume to hand out candy. Meals giveaway starts at 5 p.m. Located at 2505 Indiana Avenue.
- Lansing Animal Hospital Halloween Costume Pawty: LAH’s costume “pawty” runs from the 25th–29th, from 9:30–4 p.m. Owners are invited to bring their pets in costumer for a photo, with winners being announced on Friday, October 29. Located at 17916 Torrence Avenue.
Friday, October 29
- Lan-Oak Park District’s Costume Party: 6:30–8:30 p.m. This event will feature a DJ, food, and a costume contest, with prizes awarded to winners. Participation is limited to kids ages 9–12, with $5 reservations available online or at the Eisenhower Center. For online registrants, the program number is 354068 and the section number is 01. Located at the Eisenhower Center, 2550 178th Street.
Saturday, October 30
- Bethel Church Trunk-or-Treat: 2–4 p.m. Located at 3500 Glenwood Lansing Road.
- Lan-Oak Park District’s Zombie Walk & Party: 7–9 p.m. This event encourages participants to “Create your zombie look, join the party, lurch, crawl, limp, and slither.” Food and prizes will be available. Participation is limited to teens ages 13-17, with $5 reservations available online or at the Eisenhower Center. For online registrants, the program number is 354216 and the section number is 01. Located at the Eisenhower Center, 2550 178th Street.
- Pour on Roy Halloween Bash: 7 p.m. – midnight. The event will feature a live DJ, a costume contest, prizes, drink specials, and food. Located at 18155 Roy Street, Suite 2.
- J.J. Kelley’s Halloween Show and Costume Contest: 8 p.m. This event will feature bands Gerhart, Misfit Toyz, and Believer. There is a $5 cover charge for the event and cash prizes for costume winners. Located at 2455 Bernice Road.
- The Fox Pointe Spooktacular has been cancelled.
Sunday, October 31
- Living Word Church Trunk-or-Treat: 1–3 p.m. Located at 2248 186th Street.
- Fox Pointe Trick-or-treating: 2–4 p.m. Fox Pointe will reprise last year’s successful trick-or-treat event as dozens of local business, churches, and other organizations hand out candy to costumed visitors. More information in this article. Located at 18138 Henry Street.
- Freedom Church Ministries is hosting a “Hallelujah Party” at Lynwood Sport Center from 2:30–5 p.m. Children 18 and under will leave with a “sack of candy.” $12 per skater, with special rates available for families. $3 skate rental. Lynwood Sport Center is located at 2030 Glenwood-Dyer Road in Lynwood.
- Grace Church Trunk-or-Treat: 4–7 p.m. Located at 2740 Indiana Avenue.
- Village-wide trick-or-treating: 4–7 p.m.