By Josh Bootsma
LANSING, Ill. (October 19, 2021) – After some Halloween events were cancelled last year due to the pandemic, many local organizations are excited to get back to fun-loving spookery this year.
The list below includes Halloween events The Lansing Journal compiled through phone calls, emails, and Facebook searches. If your organization is hosting an event not included in this list, please comment on this article or email [email protected] with information.
Halloween events in Lansing
Wednesday, October 20
- Fox Pointe Scarecrow Display: 4–7 p.m. Fox Pointe will be open every day from October 20–29 for scarecrow viewing and voting. More information in this article. Located at 18138 Henry Street.
Friday, October 22
- Lan-Oak Park District’s Ghostly Games: 6:30–8:30 p.m. This event is for children ages 3–8 and will include candy, costumed characters, carnival games, a bounce house, and an art station. $5 cash admission for each child. Located at the Eisenhower Center, 2550 178th Street.
Saturday, October 23
- Knight of Columbus Spooktacular: The event starts with a pancake breakfast from 8–11 a.m. Adults are $8 and children 4–12 are $5. From 3–5 p.m. is crafting time. Trunk-or-treating will occur from 5–7 p.m. and at 7 p.m. begins a Halloween movie showing. Located at 17800 Lorenz.
Sunday, October 24
- Living Word Church Trunk-or-Treat: 1–3 p.m. Located at 2248 186th Street.
Monday, October 25
- Trinity Lutheran Church’s monthly free meal will be distributed via drive-thru, and some distributors will be dressed in costume to hand out candy. Meals giveaway starts at 5 p.m. Located at 2505 Indiana Avenue.
- Lansing Animal Hospital Halloween Costume Pawty: LAH’s costume “pawty” runs from the 25th–29th, from 9:30–4 p.m. Owners are invited to bring their pets in costumer for a photo, with winners being announced on Friday, October 29. Located at 17916 Torrence Avenue.
Friday, October 29
- Lan-Oak Park District’s Costume Party: 6:30–8:30 p.m. This event will feature a DJ, food, and a costume contest, with prizes awarded to winners. Participation is limited to kids ages 9–12, with $5 reservations available online or at the Eisenhower Center. For online registrants, the program number is 354068 and the section number is 01. Located at the Eisenhower Center, 2550 178th Street.
Saturday, October 30
- Bethel Church Trunk-or-Treat: 2–4 p.m. Located at 3500 Glenwood Lansing Road.
- Lan-Oak Park District’s Zombie Walk & Party: 7–9 p.m. This event encourages participants to “Create your zombie look, join the party, lurch, crawl, limp, and slither.” Food and prizes will be available. Participation is limited to teens ages 13-17, with $5 reservations available online or at the Eisenhower Center. For online registrants, the program number is 354216 and the section number is 01. Located at the Eisenhower Center, 2550 178th Street.
- Fox Pointe Spooktacular: 7–10:30 p.m. Food, drinks, a DJ, and dancing will great participants at this year’s event. Tickets are $25 at the Village Municipal Center and $30 at the door. More information in this article. Located at 18138 Henry Street.
- Pour on Roy Halloween Bash: 7 p.m. – midnight. The event will feature a live DJ, a costume contest, prizes, drink specials, and food. Located at 18155 Roy Street, Suite 2.
- J.J. Kelley’s Halloween Show and Costume Contest: 8 p.m. This event will feature bands Gerhart, Misfit Toyz, and Believer. There is a $5 cover charge for the event and cash prizes for costume winners. Located at 2455 Bernice Road.
Sunday, October 31
- Fox Pointe Trick-or-treating: 2–4 p.m. Fox Pointe will reprise last year’s successful trick-or-treat event as dozens of local business, churches, and other organizations hand out candy to costumed visitors. More information in this article. Located at 18138 Henry Street.
- Freedom Church Ministries is hosting a “Hallelujah Party” at Lynwood Sport Center from 2:30–5 p.m. Children 18 and under will leave with a “sack of candy.” $12 per skater, with special rates available for families. $3 skate rental. Lynwood Sport Center is located at 2030 Glenwood-Dyer Road in Lynwood.
- Grace Church Trunk-or-Treat: 4–7 p.m. Located at 2740 Indiana Avenue.
- Village-wide trick-or-treating: 4–7 p.m.