District 215 Board regular meeting – In person at TF Center for Academics and Technology
LANSING, Ill. (August 22, 2021) – The August 24 regular meeting meeting of the District 215 School Board will take place at 6 p.m. in person at the Thornton Fractional Center for Academics and Technology. The full board packet and materials for the meeting, including all exhibits and other relevant materials, can be viewed at tfd215.org. Public comments will be made in person.
- CALL TO ORDER – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- Freedom of Information Report – None
- Public Comment
- Building Reports
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT
- Excellence Counts Award – Pastor Philip France, Living Grace Church
- Back to School Update
- FUTURE MEETINGS – TF CENTER FOR ACADEMICS & TECHNOLOGY
- Committee of the Whole – 9.8.21, 6:00 p.m.
- Regular Meeting – Tuesday, 9.28.21, 6:00 p.m.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES – OPEN & CLOSED
- Special Meeting: 8.11.21
- Committee of the Whole Meeting: 8.11.21
- Regular Meeting: 7.27.21
- Driver’s Ed. Fees Hearing: 7.27.21
- NEW BUSINESS
- Policy Updates (PRESS 107): 2:120 E1, E2, 2:10, 2:130, 2:240, 5:10, 6:145, 6:160, 6:235, 6:260, 8:90 – FIRST READ ONLY
- New Policy 6:312 – Dual Credit Enrollment – Waive first read
- New Policy 2:126 – Board Internet Expenses – Waive first read
- Reciprocal Crime Agreements 21-22: Lansing, Lynwood
- CLOSED SESSION
- Personnel: Employment, Compensation, Discipline, Performance, or Dismissal for Specific Employees
- Pending Litigation
- FINANCE REPORT
- PERSONNEL REPORT
District 215 Regular Schedule
The D215 Committee of the Whole meets on the second Wednesday of the month at 6 p.m. and Regular Monthly Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. Meetings are currently being held at the TF Center for Academics & Technology, located at 1605 Wentworth Avenue, Calumet City, IL.
Open Meetings Act
The Open Meetings Act requires that “An agenda for each regular meeting shall be posted at the principal office of the public body and at the location where the meeting is to be held at least 48 hours in advance of the holding of the meeting.” District 215 posts agendas and board packets in the “Board of Education” section of its website.
Lansing Journal subscribers receive an email each morning with links to Lansing headlines, so they stay informed about items being discussed at public meetings, as well as news that happens between meetings.