District 215 Board regular meeting – In person at 6:00 p.m. at TF South
LANSING, Ill. (May 22, 2021) – The May 25 meeting of the District 215 School Board begins at 6:00 p.m. The meeting will be held in person in the TF South cafeteria (Door N-7). The full board packet and materials for the meeting, including all exhibits and other relevant materials, can be viewed at tfd215.org. Public comments will be made in person.
- CALL TO ORDER — PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- RECOGNITION OF BOARD SERVICE: LEEANN REVIS, PATRICIA STEPP
- Freedom of Information Report
- Public Comment
- Building Reports
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT
- Excellence Counts Awards – Gail Meyer, Diane DeSoto
- TF South Vaccine Site Update
- FUTURE MEETINGS
- Special Meeting Closed Session Only – Wednesday, 6.9.21, 6 p.m.
- Regular Meeting – Tuesday, 6.22.21, 6 p.m.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES – OPEN & CLOSED
- Special Meetings: 5.4.21, 5.12.21
- Committee of the Whole: 5.12.21
- Regular Meeting: 4.27.21
- Reorganization Meeting: 4.27.21
- OLD BUSINESS
- Student Handbook/Behavior Code 2021/2022
- NEW BUSINESS
- Approval of Illinois Association of School Boards – Annual Dues
- Approval of contract for Base Bid & Alternate #1 to Ward Contracting & Building Restoration for Door Replacement work at TF North & South
- Approval of contract for purchase of Ed Rising curriculum & resources
- Approval of TF North 8th grade honors algebra pilot program
- Approval of quote for Algebra 1 textbook purchase & related resources
- Approval of quotes for purchase of student Chromebooks, student lab computers, and staff laptops
- Approval of Hauser, Izzo, Petrarca, Gleason, Stillman, LLC as general counsel for District 215
- Approval of Career Development Department
- Approval of Letter of Agreement Local 683 – Digital Media Manager and Brother-to-Brother
- Approval of Memorandum of Understanding- Illinois Brotherhood of Electrical Workers NECA Technical Institute
- Approval of Milady Curriculum & Resource Materials for Cosmetology & Barbering program
- CLOSED SESSION
- Personnel: Employment, Compensation, Discipline, Performance, or Dismissal for Specific Employees
- Pending Litigation
- PERSONNEL REPORT
- PERSONNEL ADDENDUM
- FINANCE REPORT
District 215 Regular Schedule
The D215 Committee of the Whole meets on the second Wednesday of the month at 6 p.m. and Regular Monthly Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. Since returning to in-person meetings, the meetings are held in the cafeteria at TF South, located at 18500 Burnham Avenue (Door N-7). Meetings will return to TF Center in June.
Open Meetings Act
The Open Meetings Act requires that “An agenda for each regular meeting shall be posted at the principal office of the public body and at the location where the meeting is to be held at least 48 hours in advance of the holding of the meeting.” District 215 posts agendas and board packets in the “Board of Education” section of its website.
Lansing Journal subscribers receive an email each morning with links to Lansing headlines, so they stay informed about items being discussed at public meetings, as well as news that happens between meetings.