District 158 Board regular meeting – May 19, 7:00 p.m.
LANSING, Ill. (May 17, 2021) – The May 19 meeting of the District 158 School Board begins at 7:00 p.m. The meeting will occur at Memorial Junior High School at 2721 Ridge Road in Lansing. Guests should enter the building through Door 19, wear a face mask, and observe all health pandemic safety requirements of the State of Illinois. Socially-distanced seating will be available. The meeting may be watched virtually at the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83251846623
- OPENING ITEMS
- Note: The Board of Education reserves the right to make changes as deemed necessary
- Pledge of Allegiance – Memorial Student
- Roll Call
- Public participation
- BOARD CORRESPONDENCE
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of Consent Agenda #1
- April 21, 2021 District 158 Board of Education regular meeting
- April 21, 2021 District 158 Board of Education closed session
- April 28, 2021 District 158 Special Board meeting
- Resignation of Allison Schroeder Memorial Junior High School Science Teacher effective at the end of the 2020-2021 school year
- Resignation of Kristen Hannagan-Stanford Oak Glen Elementary School Learning Resource Clerk effective at the end of the 2020-2021 school year
- Resignation of Gina Origel de Luna Coolidge Elementary School Custodian effective May 10, 2021
- Prelist of invoices to be paid
- SUPERINTENDENT’S AGENDA
- FOIA – Memorial Parents, Southland Voice
- Reopening Plan Update
- NEW BUSINESS
- Board Committees & Retreat
- Approve the destruction of closed meeting audio recordings made prior to December 21, 2019 in accordance with 5 ILCS 120/2.06(c)
- Approve the 2021-2022 employee medical and dental insurance projected rates
- Approve the 2021-2024 Transportation Contract with Kickert School Bus Line, Inc. as presented
- Closed session to consider information regarding the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1)), student matters (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(9)), and school security (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(8))
- Possible action(s) following closed session regarding personnel
- CLOSING ITEMS
- Miscellaneous items from Superintendent and School Board
Schedule and Open Meetings Act
District 158 meetings are scheduled for 7:00 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month.
The Open Meetings Act requires that “An agenda for each regular meeting shall be posted at the principal office of the public body and at the location where the meeting is to be held at least 48 hours in advance of the holding of the meeting.” District 158 posts agendas and board packets in a folder on its website.
Lansing Journal subscribers receive an email each morning with links to Lansing headlines, so they stay informed about items being discussed at public meetings, as well as news that happens between meetings.