Information provided by the Lansing Police Department
LANSING, Ill. (May 10, 2021) – The Lansing Police Department has posted a job opening for a police officer position in its department. Applications for the position are available May 10 through May 28, 2021.
The starting annual salary for the position is $61,854, increasing to $69,445 after one year.
Minimum qualifications include:
- U.S. Citizenship with a valid driver’s license
- 21 years of age by June 12, 2021 and under the age of 35 at the time of final eligibility posting. This age limitation does not apply to current or previously employed full time police officers or other exemptions as defined in Illinois Compiled Statutes 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6.
- Valid POWER test card due at orientation. POWER test card is considered valid only if dated after June 12, 2020. Applicants who do not have a valid POWER test card should contact NIPSTA at www.nipsta.org (847-998-8090), or Joliet Junior College at www.jjc.edu/fitness-center for testing dates.
- High school diploma or equivalent with one of the following:
- Minimum 60 hours of college level courses at time of hiring process
- or — One continuous year of active duty in US Armed Forces
- or — Two years of full time experience as a state certified law enforcement officer
- Successful completion of all phases of testing process
- Note: Lansing residency is no longer a requirement
Application and orientation
Applications are available at www.villageoflansing.org.
A mandatory orientation session will be held at the Eisenhower Center (2550 178th Street, Lansing, IL) on Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 12 noon followed by a written examination at 1 p.m. Oral examinations for applicants who pass the written examination are scheduled to be held during the evening the week of June 14, 2021.
Applicants wishing to purchase a study guide or practice test to assist in the testing process can do so at crc.cpshr.us. For technical support, contact: 916-471-3538 — only available through June 12, 2021.
For more information contact the Lansing Board of Fire and Police Commissioners at 708-895-7203.
The Village of Lansing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Lansing Police Department is located at 2710 170th Street, Lansing, IL.