LANSING, Ill. (April 18, 2021) – The May 4 Lansing Village Board meeting begins at 7:00 p.m. At the end of the Board meeting on Tuesday, outgoing elected officials will be recognized and newly elected officials will be sworn in.
Village Board meeting agenda (7:00 p.m.)
Many of the items brought before the Village Board at this meeting have been previously discussed in a Committee of the Whole meeting.
- CALL TO ORDER & PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM VILLAGE BOARD MEETING ON APRIL 20, 2021
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION MEETING ON APRIL 20, 2021
- MAYOR’S REPORT
- VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR REPORT
- DEED IN LIEU OF FORECLOSURE PROPOSED SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT – 17640 BURNHAM AVENUE
- VILLAGE ATTORNEY REPORT
- FINANCE & HUMAN RELATIONS COMMISSION – TRUSTEE ABBASY
- APPROVAL OF BILLS & PAYROLL
- ORDINANCE # 21-017, APPROVING & AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTION OF A FIRST AMENDMENT TO THE SITE LEASE WITH OPTION BETWEEN THE VILLAGE AND T-MOBILE CENTRAL LLC
- AIRPORT & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT – TRUSTEE FISH
- RESOLUTION # 1226, APPROVING & AUTHORIZING THE 2020 COOK COUNTY COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (CDBG) SUBRECIPIENT AGREEMENT FOR PROJECT NUMBER 2006-092
- ORDINANCE # 21-018, AUTHORIZING & APPROVING AN AGREEMENT OF PURCHASE AND SALE OF THE PROPERTY LOCATED AT 17151 TORRENCE AVENUE BETWEEN THE VILLAGE AND EFN RED BIRD PROPERTY, LLC
- APPROVE APPLICATION FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE BERNICE AVENUE FAÇADE PROGRAM & AMOUNT OF GRANT ASSISTANCE AT $49,605.90 – NAPLETON RIVER OAKS CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP RAM, 17111-17245 TORRENCE AVENUE
- POLICE & FIRE – TRUSTEE ZELDENRUST
- BUILDINGS & PUBLIC WORKS – TRUSTEE HARDY
- AUTHORIZE ADVERTISING FOR BIDS FOR DEMOLITION OF PROPERTIES INCLUDED IN IHDA ABANDONED PROPERTY PROGRAM ROUND 4 GRANT
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY & LNN & ADA – TRUSTEE VALENCIA
- YOUTH CENTER & INSURANCE – TRUSTEE GRADY-PEROVICH
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- OLD BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
- ADJOURNMENT SINE DIE
- RECOGNIZE OUTGOING/RETIRING ELECTED OFFICIALS
- RECOGNIZE & SWEARING IN OF NEWLY ELECTED OFFICIALS
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
No Committee of the Whole meeting will take place on May 4.
Lansing Village Board meetings usually begin at 7:00pm on the first and third Tuesdays of the month at the Police and Court Complex (Lansing Police Department), 2710 170th Street, Lansing.
COVID-19 safety considerations
Under Phase 4 mitigations, the Village has said it will limit in-person attendance and has expressed the importance of in-person meetings when it comes to the Village Board. The public is welcome to attend, as long as social distancing and facial covering regulations are observed.
The meeting will be live streamed on YouTube, with the link accessible on the Village’s website 24-48 hours before the start of the meeting.
Open Meetings Act
The Open Meetings Act requires that “An agenda for each regular meeting shall be posted at the principal office of the public body and at the location where the meeting is to be held at least 48 hours in advance of the holding of the meeting.” The Village of Lansing posts agendas and minutes from public meetings in the “Documents” section of their website, and copies are usually emailed to The Lansing Journal as well.
Lansing Journal subscribers receive an email each morning with links to Lansing headlines, so they stay informed about items being discussed at Lansing Village Board meetings, as well as news that happens between meetings.