Application deadline April 8, 2021, 5:00pm
information provided by the Lansing Fire Department
LANSING, Ill. (March 26, 2021) – The Village of Lansing Board of Fire and Police Commissioners is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Probationary Firefighter/Paramedic. The full application is available for download at villageoflansing.org (PDF). Minimum qualifications include:
- US Citizen
- 21 years of age by April 17, 2021
- Under the age of 35 at the time of final eligibility posting. THis age limitation does not apply to current or previously employed full-time Firefighters/Paramedics from municipalities within the State of Illinois. (All other requirements do apply.)
- Valid CPAT card due at orientation. CPAT card considered valid only if dated between April 17, 2020, and April 17, 2021. Applicants who do not have a valid CPAT card should contact MABAS 24 at www.MABAS24.org for testing dates.
- Certification as Illinois Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter and Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic (EMT-P) at time of application
- Successful completion of all phases of testing process.
- Note: Residency is no longer required
Starting salary for the position is $60,023 plus benefits. The salary after one year is $67,389.
The application process
Application packets are downloadable as a PDF from villageoflansing.org. Completed applications must be returned in a sealed envelope by 5:00pm on Thursday, April 8, 2021, along with all other required documentation. The envelope should be addressed to:
- Board of Fire and Police Commissioners
c/o Lansing Municipal Center
3141 Ridge Road
Lansing IL 60438
A study guide will be given to applicants when they return their completed application.
A mandatory orientation session will be held at the Eisenhower Center, , 2550 178th Street, Lansing, Illinois, on Saturday, April 17, 2021, at 12:00 noon, followed by the written examination at 1:00pm.
Interviews will be conducted with candidates who pass the written portion of the exam the week of April 19, 2021, in the evenings.
More detailed information about qualifications and required documentation is included in the downloadable application packet:
- Firefighter/Paramedic application packet (PDF)
More information about the job and the application is also available from:
- Lansing’s Board of Fire and Police Commissioners: 708-895-7203
- The Village of Lansing Fire Department: 708-895-7400