Meeting starts at 7 p.m. on Zoom
All residents are welcome to virtually attend meetings of the Park District Board of Commissioners. The Board typically meets on the third Monday of each month, and per the Open Meetings Act they publish an agenda to notify the public of items that are up for discussion and decision. Meetings typically begin at 6:30 p.m. or 7:00 p.m. at the Eisenhower Community & Fitness Center in Lansing, but due to COVID-19 concerns, meetings are now being held on Zoom.
The Zoom meeting can be accessed here.
Lan-Oak Park District Board meeting agenda
- Call to Order @ 7:00pm
- Roll Call
- Comments from the Public
- Consent Agenda (Motion)
- Minutes from Previous Meetings:
- Board Meetings November 23, 2020
- Public/Special Meeting:
- Committee Meeting: Committee of the Whole November 23, 2020
- AP Payment Selection Reports: Payroll, Refunds, AP & Payroll Withholding for November 17, 2020 December 1, 2020
- Additional Bills:
- Minutes from Previous Meetings:
- Senior Superintendent of Strategy & Operations
- Recreation Committee
- Buildings & Grounds Committee
- Planning Committee
- Bike Path Committee
- Finance & Personnel Committee
- Action Item: Treasurer’s Report/Operating Statement November 30, 2020 (Motion)
- Action Item: Ordinance 21-12-20(a) Levying & Assessing the Taxes of the Lan-Oak Park District for the Tax Levy Year 2020 (Motion)
- Action Item: Ordinance 21-12-20(b) Directing the Cook County Clerk to Reduce the Lan-Oak Park District Real Estate Tax Levy Year 2020 (Motion)
- Action Item: Ordinance 12212020GOB Abating the Tax Heretofore Levied for the Year 2020 for General Obligation Park Bonds (Alternate Revenue Source), Series 2014A (Motion)
- Attorney’s Report
- November 30, 2020
- Old Business
- New Business
- Communications & Addresses from the Audience
- Executive Session: Executive Session for the purpose of appointment, employment, compensation, discipline or performance of specific employees as allowed under the Open Meetings Act, 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1)
- Announcement: Bi-Annual Review – No Release of Executive Session Meeting Minutes
- Action Items from Executive Session: Ratify and Approve Contracts (Motion)
About staying informed
Subscribers to the online version of The Lansing Journal receive an email each morning with links to local headlines, so they stay informed about local news and meetings.
About the Lan-Oak Park District
The Lan-Oak Park District is a separate governing body in the Village of Lansing whose Commissioners are elected to “enhance the quality of life for all Lansing residents by providing clean, safe parks and well-developed recreational facilities in a wide range of recreational programs and activities for all ages” (Mission Statement). The Park District operates the Eisenhower Fitness Center and a wide variety of classes, programs, and events that take place in that building. Staff also maintain more than 20 parks in Lansing, including playgrounds, sports facilities, walking paths, and other amenities.
The Lan-Oak Park District is subject to the requirements of the American With Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who require certain accommodations in order to allow them to observe and/or participate in this meeting, or who have questions regarding accessibility of the meeting or the facility, are requested to contact the Senior Superintendent at 708-474-8552 promptly to allow the Park District to make reasonable accommodations.