Information provided by TF High School District 215
LANSING, Ill. (October 16, 2020) – Thornton Fractional High School District 215 is seeking to fill a vacant Board Member seat. Member Roger Yochem recently resigned due to relocation out of the district.
Thornton Fractional High School District 215 residents wishing to be considered for filling the vacant Board Member seat can submit a brief letter of interest to Board President Michael Bolz ([email protected]) by October 31st, 2020.
Per Illinois state law, school board members must be:
- A United States citizen
- A resident of the state of Illinois and of the school district for at least one year
- At least 18 years of age
- A registered voter
The Board of Education’s timeline for filling the vacant seat is as follows:
- Letters of interest accepted through October 31st ([email protected])
- November 4, 2020: Board of Ed. Special Meeting to review applicants
- November 9-13, 2020: Board of Ed. Special Meeting(s) for interviews and make selection
- November 18, 2020: Board of Ed. Special Meeting to vote on resolution to appoint new member
District 215 serves the students of Burnham, Calumet City, Lansing, and Lynwood at Thornton Fractional North High School, Thornton Fractional South High School, Thornton Fractional Center for Academics and Technology, and Thornton Fractional Center for Alternative Learning. The mission of District 215 is to provide diverse learning opportunities that inspire all students to become life-long learners who contribute to their community.