Positivity rates added
information gathered from the Illinois Department of Public Health, the Cook County Department of Public Health, and the Indiana State Department of Health
LANSING, Ill. (July 28, 2020) – The Lansing Journal partners with HiGeorge to gather and present COVID-19 data from a variety of sources each day.
- Cumulative cases since 3/16/20: 531 (yesterday: 530)
- Cumulative deaths since 3/16/20: 11 (yesterday: 11)
At the request of readers, we’ve added a new collection of data to the Illinois section of this daily report. The chart below shows positivity rates for the current day as well as the overall positivity rate since March 16, when data began to be tracked. The fatality rate is the percentage of positive-testing people who died, on the current day and overall.
The formulas used to calculate positivity rates are:
- Today’s rate = (Positive increase in cases for that day) / (test results increase for that day)
- Overall rate = (Total number of cases since 3/16) / (total tests since 3/16)
Lake County numbers
- New cases in Lake County today: 68 (yesterday: 57)
- New deaths in Lake County today: 0 (yesterday: 0)
- Total cases in Lake County: 6,791
- Total deaths in Lake County: 266