data provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Indiana State Department of Health
LANSING, Ill. (June 5, 2020) – The Lansing Journal receives daily news releases from various sources regarding the impacts of COVID-19 on our community, state, and region. Statistics from those sources are compiled below.
- Cumulative cases since 3/16/20: 375 (yesterday: 374)
- Cumulative deaths since 3/16/20: 5 (yesterday: 5)
- Case rate: 1.32% (1,324 per 100,000 people)
- New cases today: 1,156 (yesterday: 929)
- New deaths today: 59 (yesterday: 116)
- Total cases: 125,915
- Total deaths:5,795
- Recovery rate: 92%
Note: A pet cat recently tested positive for COVID-19 after becoming sick in mid-May. The cat was in a home with people who had tested positive. This is the first animal to test positive for the virus in Illinois. There is no evidence COVID-19 is transmitted from animal to humans. However, if you are sick, you should distance yourself from pets as well as people.
- New cases today: 533 (yesterday: 374)
- New deaths today: 27 (yesterday: 20)
- Total cases: 36,578
- Total deaths: 2,078