information provided by the Office of the Governor
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (May 3, 2020) – The Illinois Department of Transportation announced it will be coordinating with groups that want to provide free food to truckers. Events that meet and follow specific safety requirements will be held at select IDOT weigh stations throughout the state.
The events will be held only at weigh stations, with a maximum time limit of three hours for each event. Illinois Department of Public Health criteria for handling food and other safety guidelines must be followed at all times. Events will not be held at rest areas.
Scheduling will be coordinated by IDOT and the Illinois State Police. Requests by organizations wishing to distribute food must be received at least five days in advance. The following weigh stations will be available between 9:00am and 3:00pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays:
- Interstate 55 southbound at Williamsville in Sangamon County
- Interstate 57 northbound and southbound at Marion in Williamson County
- Interstate 64 eastbound at O’Fallon in St. Clair County
- Interstate 70 westbound at Marshall in Marshall County
- Interstate 74 eastbound and westbound at Moline in Henry County
- Interstate 80 eastbound and westbound at East Moline in Rock Island County
- Interstate 70 eastbound at Brownstown in Fayette County
For more information and to schedule your group’s involvement, contact Weight Enforcement Engineer Keith Donovan at [email protected] or 217-299-0934.