Current confirmed cases in Illinois: 39,658; current confirmed cases in Lansing: 145
information provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (April 24, 2020) – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 2,724 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 108 additional deaths:
- Boone County: 1 male 60s
- Clinton County: 1 female 100+
- Cook County: 1 male 30s, 1 female 40s, 3 males 40s, 1 female 50s, 5 males 50s, 4 females 60s, 7 males 60s, 14 females 70s, 15 males 70s, 10 females 80s, 11 males 80s, 4 females 90s, 5 males 90s
- DuPage County: 1 female 60s, 1 male 80s, 3 females 90s, 2 males 90s
- Jefferson County: 1 male 70s
- Kankakee County: 1 female 50s, 1 female 80s
- Lake County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 50s, 1 female 60s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 90s
- Madison County: 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s
- McHenry County: 1 male 50s
- Sangamon County: 1 male 70s
- Whiteside County: 1 unknown 90s
- Will County: 1 male 20s, 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s, 2 males 80s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 39,658 cases, including 1,795 deaths, in 96 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years.
In neighboring Indiana, the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) announced that 656 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and private laboratories. That brings to 13,680 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
A total of 741 Hoosiers have died to date. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for a death previously reported has changed, therefore, today’s numbers have been adjusted.