Current confirmed cases in Illinois: 31,508; current confirmed cases in Lansing: 120
information provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (April 20, 2020) – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 1,151 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 59 additional deaths:
- Boone County: 1 male 70s
- Cook County: 1 female 30s, 1 male 40s, 2 females 50s, 1 male 50s, 6 males 60s, 4 females 70s, 6 males 70s, 3 females 80s, 10 males 80s, 2 females 90s, 2 females 100+
- DuPage County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 80s, 2 females 90s
- Jackson County: 1 male 80s
- Jasper County: 1 female 80s
- Kane County: 1 male 80s
- Lake County: 1 male 40s, 1 male 50s, 1 unknown 50s, 1female 60s, 2 males 70s, 1 male 90s
- Livingston County: 1 female 80s
- Macon County: 1 female 70s, 1 female 90s
- Madison County: 2 males 80s
- Will County: 1 male 80s
Cass and White counties are now reporting cases. Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 31,508 cases, including 1,349 deaths, in 95 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years.
In neighboring Indiana, 505 new cases are being reported, bringing the total confirmed cases to 11,686, including 569 total deaths.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered.