Current confirmed cases in Illinois: 25,733; current confirmed cases in Lansing: 105
information provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (April 16, 2020) – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 1,140 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 125 additional deaths:
- Bond County: 1 male 70s
- Champaign County: 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s
- Christian County: 1 male 70s
- Cook County: 1 male 30s, 2 females 40s, 1 male 40s, 3 females 50s, 6 males 50s, 5 females 60s, 8 males 60s, 1 unknow 60s, 8 females 70s, 18 males 70s, 10 females 80s, 17 males 80s, 6 females 90s, 5 males 90s, 1 male 100+
- DuPage County: 1 female 80s, 2 males 90s
- Kane County: 1 female 70s
- Lake County: 1 male 50s, 1 female 60s, 2 females 80s, 3 females 90s, 2 males 90s
- Madison County: 1 female 70s
- McHenry County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s
- McLean County: 1 female 80s
- Monroe County: 1 female 80s
- St. Clair County: 1 male 60s, 2 males 70s, 1 female 90s
- Will County: 1 male 50s, 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s, 2 females 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
Alexander County is now reporting a case. Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 25,733 cases, including 1,072 deaths, in 90 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years.
In neighboring Indiana, 611 new cases are being reported, bringing the total confirmed cases to 9,542, including 477 total deaths.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for a death previously reported has changed, therefore, today’s numbers have been adjusted.