Joins White House and industry partners to provide access to government-run COVID-19 testing facilities
information provided by Walgreens
DEERFIELD, Ill. (March 15, 2020) – Last week Walgreens announced a number of steps it is taking in its stores and pharmacies across the US to help support customers and patients during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Beginning Friday, March 13, Walgreens is waiving delivery fees for all eligible prescriptions during this evolving situation.
- The company is reminding customers of existing services, including:
- Walgreens Pharmacy Chat, a secure platform available 24/7 online and through the Walgreens mobile app
- Pharmacy drive-through for customers looking for alternative ways to access their medications. (Customers are also able to use the drive-through to purchase select products.)
- Walgreens Find Care can seamlessly connect customers to a wide selection of healthcare services from local providers, as well as various telehealth options and services available online and through the Walgreens app.
- The company is focused on maintaining a clean and safe environment in its stores across the US. Extra steps are being implemented for the safety of customers and team members.
- Due to high demand and to best meet customer needs, Walgreens has put into effect purchase limits on certain products to improve inventory and to help ensure products can be more widely available.
- To make online shopping even easier, there will be free delivery on any purchase on Walgreens.com beginning March 13 and until further notice, with no minimum purchase required.
- To help the CDC Foundation meet rapidly changing circumstances and widespread needs, Walgreens provided an initial response donation to its Emergency Response Fund, including a $100,000 gift to support the overall COVID-19 response and a donation of 1,500 thermometers to be used for local health departments in Santa Clara and Alameda Counties in California.
- As an additional resource for information, prevention and the latest guidance from the CDC, Walgreens has launched a dedicated webpage for its customers at https://www.walgreens.com/coronavirus.
- On March 14, Walgreens pledged to aid the White House in providing access to COVID-19 testing. Walgreens will dedicate temporary space at select locations, outside of the stores such as in parking lots, where non-Walgreens health personnel will administer COVID-19 testing.
The testing locations and timing will be announced at a later date in collaboration with the Administration, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The company will work closely with stakeholders at participating locations to ensure the health and safety of customers and team members.
Lansing Walgreens stores are located at 3564 Ridge Road and 18133 Torrence Avenue.