Memorial Junior High School to host five-team tournament
by Melanie Jongsma
LANSING, Ill. (January 22, 2020) – The 11th annual Roundball Classic will return to Memorial Junior High School (2721 Ridge Road) on the first Thursday in February, with Game 1 (Reavis v. Lansing Christian) beginning at 6:00pm and Game 2 (Coolidge v. Heritage) beginning at 7:00pm. The tournament will continue on Friday and Saturday, and the championship game and award ceremony will take place on Monday, February 10.
More than a fifth-grade basketball tournament, the Roundball Classic builds community by awarding trophies for sportsmanship and success in the food drive, and by donating proceeds to Lansing charities. Donations from local businesses and individuals cover the costs of the tournament.
Coolidge, Lansing Christian, Oak Glen, Reavis, and Heritage will compete in the following schedule:
Thursday, February 6
- G1 6:00 Reavis vs. Lansing Christian
- G2 7:00 Coolidge vs. Heritage
Friday, February 7
- G3 6:00 Oak Glen v. Lansing Christian
- G4 7:00 Reavis v. Heritage
- G5 8:00 Coolidge v. Oak Glen
Saturday, February 8
- G6 11:00 Heritage v. Lansing Christian
- G7 12:00 Reavis v. Oak Glen
- G8 1:00 Lansing Christian v. Coolidge
- G9 2:00 Heritage v. Oak Glen
- G10 3:00 Coolidge v. Reavis
Monday, February 10
- 6:30 Award ceremony for all participants
- G11 7:00 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Lansing schools and community raised more than $5,000 at last year’s Roundball Classic and brought in more than 5,000 food items for the Lansing Food Pantry. The Coolidge Cougars won the basketball tournament, and Jessica Campuzano of Oak Glen won the girls’ Hot Shot contest.
Memorial Junior High School is located at 2721 Ridge Road in Lansing, Illinois.
To receive coverage of this year’s Roundball Classic—