Comcast Leaders and Achievers® Program Recognizes Successes in and out of the Classroom
information provided by Comcast NBCUniversal
CHICAGO, Ill. (November 5, 2019) – Comcast NBCUniversal is inviting high school seniors to apply for the Comcast Leaders and Achievers® Scholarship Program, which recognizes students who have demonstrated outstanding community service, exceptional academic performance, and strong leadership skills. The award, funded by the Comcast NBCUniversal Foundation, is a one-time, $2,500 scholarship to be used toward undergraduate education-related expenses.
In July of this year, Jalin Turman of TF South High School was one of 72 regional recipients of the Comcast Leaders and Achievers scholarship.
Since 2001, Comcast NBCUniversal has awarded more than $33 million in scholarships to approximately 30,000 students in locations across the nation to help them pursue higher education. Last year alone, more than 70 students in Comcast’s Greater Chicago Region—which includes Illinois, Northwest Indiana, and Southwest Michigan—received scholarships.
“We believe in developing the next generation of leaders, and that starts with excelling in the classroom as well as making a positive impact in communities,” said John Crowley, Comcast’s regional senior vice president. “We continue to be impressed with the caliber of applicants and look forward to another great year of recognizing our Leaders and Achievers scholars.”
Applicants to the Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program must:
- Have a demonstrated commitment to community service as well as outstanding qualities in character, integrity, and leadership;
- Reside in a community served by Comcast and/or participating NBCUniversal or Telemundo markets (eligibility will be determined by zip code in the online application);
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States for the entire 2020-2021 academic year;
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent);
- Be enrolled as a high school senior; and
- Demonstrate financial need.
The application deadline is Friday, December 6, 2019, at 4:00pm CST.