information provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (October 27, 2019) – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) announced that the 2019 Third Quarterly Report of Nursing Home Violators is now posted on IDPH’s website. The report contains additional information about the violations.
Three local nursing homes were included on the list of facilities cited for “A” violations, which pertains to a condition in which there is a substantial probability that death or serious mental or physical harm will result, or has resulted:
- South Holland Manor Health & Rehab, a 216-bed skilled care facility located at 2145 East 170th Street in South Holland, was fined $25,000 for failure to follow its policy to have two staff members present when using a mechanical lift.
- Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, a 197-bed skilled and intermediate care facility located at 1635 East 154th Street in Dolton, was fined $25,000 for failure to prevent a cognitively impaired resident from being sexually coerced.
- Windsor Estates Nursing and Rehab, a 200-bed skilled care facility located at 18300 South Lavergne in Country Club Hills, was fined $25,000 for failure to supervise and implement interventions for a resident with a history of falls.
Twenty-two other facilities were cited for type “A” violations:
- Alden Town Manor Rehab & HCC in Cicero, Illinois
- Amberwood Care Centre in Rockford, Illinois
- Aperion Care Cairo in Cairo, Illinois
- Avantara Long Grove in Long Grove, Illinois
- Belmont Village Oak Park in Oak Park, Illinois
- Bethalto Care Center in Bethalto, Illinois
- Bridge Care Suites in Springfield, Illinois
- Elmwood Terrace Healthcare Ctr in Aurora, Illinois
- Gardenview Manor in Danville, Illinois
- Generations at Regency in Niles, Illinois
- Generations at Rock Island in Rock Island, Illinois
- Good Samaritan Home in Quincy, Illinois
- Grove of Evanston L&R in Evanston, Illinois
- Grove of Fox Valley in Aurora, Illinois
- Meadowbrook Manor in Bolingbrook, Illinois
- Oak Brook Care in Oak Brook, Illinois
- Regency Care of Sterling in Sterling, Illinois
- River Bluff Nursing Home in Rockford, Illinois
- Rosewood Care Ctr in St. Charles, Illinois
- Royal Oaks Care Center in Kewanee, Illinois
- Villa at Windsor Park in Chicago, Illinois
- Villa Health Care East in Sherman, Illinois
Two facilities were cited for “AA” violations:
- Aperion Care Forest Park
- Lexington of Lake Zurich
An “AA” violation is cited when there is a condition or occurrence at the facility that proximately caused a resident’s death.