March 6, 7, and 8, beginning at 9:00am
information provided by District 158
LANSING, Ill. (February 18, 2019) – Lansing School District 158 will be conducting Kindergarten registration at Lester Crawl School for children who will be 5 on or before September 1, 2019. Separate registration dates have been assigned according to geographic area:
- Wednesday, March 6, 2019, for students in Coolidge attendance area
- Thursday March 7, 2019, for students in Oak Glen attendance area
- Friday, March 8, 2019 for students in Reavis attendance area
Registration times will be 9:00am–12:00pm and 1:00pm–3:00pm.
Families will need the following items as part of the registration process:
- Child’s original birth certificate
- One of the following:
- Real estate tax bill
- Current signed lease (including names of all residents)
- Mortgage papers (Warranty Deed or Trust Deed)
- Signed HUD I closing statement
- Two of the following:
- Driver’s license or state ID
- Illinois auto registration
- Home/apartment or auto insurance papers
- Most recent utility bill (gas, electric, cable, water—two such bills will be accepted; no phone bills accepted)
Registrants will be given an appointment for their child’s Kindergarten screening, which will be held in April or May 2019.
Parents of 3- and 4-year-olds may also register for a preschool screening by calling Lester Crawl School: 708-474-4868.
The screening process will include hearing/vision, speech/language, concepts, and motor skills (gross and fine). All parents will be provided results of their child’s development through a personal interview and written communication.
Lester Crawl School is located at 18300 Greenbay Avenue in Lansing, Illinois. More information is available by calling 708-474-4868.