LANSING, Ill. (July 1, 2018) – The Lansing Business Women’s Association is accepting nominations for the 2018 ATHENA Award, which honors leaders and leadership styles in the Lansing business and professional community. The ATHENA award is given to an exceptional individual (man or woman) who:
- Demonstrates excellence, creativity, and initiative in his or her profession
- Provides valuable service by contributing time and energy to the community
- Assists women in reaching their full leadership potential
Nomination forms will be available on July 21, 2018, at:
- Fashionette (3334 Ridge Road)
- Lansing Area Chamber of Commerce (18155 Roy Street, Unit #3)
- Ridge Animal Clinic (3667 Ridge Road)
- Schultz Insurance (18119 Torrence Avenue)
- Lansing Municipal Center (3141 Ridge Road)
- Water’s Edge Gift, Garden & Pond Center (18418 Wentworth Avenue)
The recipient is selected by a diverse group of community leaders based on the criteria above.
About the ATHENA Award
The ATHENA Award is an international award that was first presented in 1982 in Lansing, Michigan, and has grown to include presentations to more than 7,000 individuals in over 500 communities and 8 countries. The award takes the form of a hand-cast bronze sculpture symbolizing the strength, courage, and wisdom of the recipient.
Lansing Business Women’s Association believes in the values underlying ATHENA International’s philosophy of incorporating the talent and expertise of women into the leadership of our businesses, our communities, and our government. The ATHENA award is provided by financial sponsorship from Schultz Insurance, Schroeder-Lauer Funeral Home, and Mayor Patty Eidam. The award will be presented at the Lansing Volunteer Recognition “Evening of Thanks” Dinner on Friday, November 9, 2018, at the Serbian Social Center.
For more information, contact Carol Ann Surufka of the Lansing Business Women’s Association:
- Email [email protected]
- Call 708-767-9894