Why you should subscribe to both
by Melanie Jongsma
LANSING, Ill. (March 2018) – News happens every day in Lansing. So The Lansing Journal publishes every day—online. Subscribers to our online edition receive an email every morning with links to the daily headlines.
Some of those stories (not all) appear in our monthly print edition as well. And some stories appear first in print and then later online. Print subscribers also get access to the ads and coupons our local businesses provide.
To experience all the benefits of The Lansing Journal, you really need both the monthly print version and the daily online version:
Benefits of print
- Let’s face it; there’s just something very appealing about turning actual pages while you’re drinking a cup of coffee.
- Many of the articles have practical information you might want to refer to later, and it’s convenient to clip the paper article and post it on your fridge where you’ll see it.
- If you’ve been featured in an article, the print version makes a more tangible keepsake.
- Each print issue is supported by dozens of advertisers, so print readers gain access to coupons, event information, and classified listings.
Benefits of online
- Online is daily. You can receive Lansing headlines in your email inbox every morning.
- Online is updatable. Sometimes we get additional information after the story has already appeared in print. We can add that information to the online story, and online subscribers will receive it.
- Online is unlimited. There’s a limited amount of space in a printed newspaper, and sometimes we have to shorten stories or cut them altogether. Our online articles can contain more photos and info than our print articles. (This article is one example!)
- Online is sharable. Once a story is posted on our website, readers can send the link to friends, share it on Facebook, or Tweet it to the world.
Subscribe and support
We want to make sure you get news that impacts the Lansing community, so we make subscribing as easy as possible: Subscribe online.
And if you value the work we invest in researching, writing, reporting, printing, posting, and mailing local news to you, we would appreciate any financial support you can give us:
We appreciate your support. We appreciate your trust. And we remain committed to providing community news online every day and in print once a month!